Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life in the Desert


This picture is one that we shot threw the window of our vehicle. It's a beautiful picture of the desert.



This is a picture of the Arabian Night vehicles driving us through the desert. This was the only picture I could get that was clear. Most of the dunes we went on where so big and so bumpy I couldn't get a clear picture. This part was so much fun, I can't believe we didn't roll our vehicle. Our driver Mohammed has been a driver for 21 years, and is crazy insain when he's driving. We watched all the cars follow one another through the dunes, then their was us! Mohammed took us places that no one else on the tour got to see. Our vehicle definatly had the most fun!


They dropped us off in the middle of no where for the sunset. It's was an amazing site to see!Look an actual picture with both of us in it! I'm glad I won't have to photo shop Michael into this one.Look another picture with both of us in it. This is Nippy the camel. He was given his name by me after he tried to bite me several times. Good thing Nippy had a sock around his mouth!This was my first experience with a real camel. I was so excited....then Nippy tried to bite me. Bad Nippy!!!Ok...This poor falcon had a helmet on that covered his eye, he look retarded! Our group had issues with him having to wear the helmet. We talked about freeing him when no one was looking. Maybe next time!This was at the end of our night, we had a belly dancer dance for us while we were eating dinner. She would pull random guys up on stage to get them to dance with her. I was secretly hoping she'd pull Michael up, but it never happened. Maybe next time too.

5 comments:

Grandma Reenie said...

Hey, this sounds like so much fun!! What an experience you are having already! I would like to see Nippy the camel. :)

PaulaJean and David said...

I'm glad you are checking out all of the sights so when we come to visit you'll know where to take us! Who knows, maybe!

Hailey Happens said...

Looks like soo much fun!

Tendra said...

What a cool trip! That is some serious desert. My kids thought Nippy the camel was neat. And Carter says, "Michael, better luck next time with the belly dancer."

Lynette said...

How fun! It's so exciting to hear what the other side of the world is like! Seeing your pictures makes me want to travel!