Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Evelyn Rose Andrews

On March 1st, we went to Camille's scheduled appointment with her doctor to see how everything was going. The due date was March 10 but Camille had been working on her doctor to go a week early, although she didn't seem too interested in inducing Camille up to this point. After her examination, the doctor told us to come back the following evening and that they would start the induction. I wasn't expecting that so it all came fairly quickly. Camille had packed her bags weeks before so really there wasn't much to do to get ready.

Evelyn arrived on March 3, at 6:25 PM. 9.1 lbs and 22 inches.

Epidural is in, all signs are good... it's just a waiting game at this point.


You have to turn your volume up and listen closely but you can hear a soft voice saying, "I'm ready to go"


Only a few minutes old and opening her eyes for the first time.
'Bright light, bright light'


Mommy and baby getting acquainted.

22 inches.... it's official.

Comfy and ready for bed.

Getting some shut-eye after a long day of work.

Mom and baby recovering


The family is finally all together.

Discovering one of her new favorite places.

Finally home and in her new bed.

So as a new father, I am trying to adjust to all of the new changes in life. This photo is a good example. A week before Evelyn arrived, this was called 'watching TV' and I was wasting time and being lazy. With the addition of Evelyn, this is now called 'baby sitting' and I am helping out and being a good father and husband. Let's just hope that she likes basketball, soccer, and motocross when she grows up so that I can continue to be so productive. :)

2 comments:

Grandma Reenie said...

Love this post!! And yes, Michael, you are being very productive with your "bonding time" with Evelyn! The pictures are beautiful!!

Tendra said...

Evelyn is soooo beautiful! It won't be long before "babysitting" doesn't involve much sitting anymore, so enjoy it. I know Evelyn is in great hands. Take care, Tendra