Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baby on the Way

I wanted to put up a quick post to cover the time when we counted down the days until our little one arrives. We didn't get out much during that period, for obvious reasons, but there were a few events worth noting.



We had a nice Christmas party for my work at a hotel on Raha Beach in Abu Dhabi. I think this was the first company party I have ever been to that was actually a 'Christmas' party. They even had Santa Claus and his elves walk around and pass out gifts.

Camille's friend, Sandy, threw her a baby shower and they all seemed to have a good time. I was able to enjoy some of the left-over dessert so it was good for my part.

Plenty of pink clothes.

I snuck off to the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi to watch the V8 Supercars, which is the NASCAR equivalent in Australia. A friend of mine was racing in one of the local races earlier in the day so we got to see a lot of racing. This was a cool sand sculpture outside the track.

A Formula 1 car with two seats.... I just may be able to fulfill one of my dreams.



This was taken off our balcony one morning when the fog rolled in, a city in the clouds.

OK, so I promise that the next posts will be full of baby pics.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Thanks for the update. Love the last picture! My girls and I are looking forward to the baby update!!